3 cloves of garlic
A little oil
1 sliced red onion
1 chopped green chili
Half a sliced roasted red pepper
8-10 olives, cut in half
12oz spaghetti or penne
1 can chopped tomatoes
Large pinch chili flakes
Dash balsamic vinegar
Handful vegan cheese, grated
1. Finely chop the garlic and add to a pan with a little oil on a medium heat.
2. Once fragrant, add the sliced red onion, chopped green chili, the roasted red pepper and olives. Cook for 5 mins.
3. While they’re cooking, put your pasta on to boil.
4. Then pour a can of chopped tomatoes into the onions, along with a generous helping of chili flakes (depends on how spicy you like it). Add a pinch of sugar to help enrich and sweeten the sharpness of tomatoes. A splash of balsamic will add depth to the flavor.
5. Mix everything together and cook on a medium heat while the pasta cooks.
6. Add your pasta to the pan and mix mix mix thoroughly.
7. Transfer to two pasta bowls, grate some of your favorite vegan cheese and garnish with a generous handful of peppery arugula. Bellissimo!