If you like to put your own twist on a recipe, then risotto is for you. You can pretty much add anything to it, turning it into a dish to please fussy eaters. Get started with this classic Risotto Primavera that’s full of flavor and freshness.
Recipe serves: 4
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- Heat Flora and olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft but not browned.
- Add the rice and stir well. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook gently, whilst stirring, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in 300ml stock and repeat until the stock has been absorbed.
- Add half the remaining stock, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the risotto has a creamy consistency.
- Add the peas to the rice together with the asparagus and remaining stock. Bring back to a simmer and continue stirring as the liquid is absorbed and the rice becomes tender.
- Stir in the spinach, with a little more stock if necessary, and sprinkle in the cheese, stirring until melted through.
- Season to taste and serve straight away.
Want more recipes like this straight to your mailbox? Sign up to Veganuary for our celebrity cookbook, meal plans, recipes and more (and it’s all free!)