5 1/2 lb. pumpkin
2 1/2 cup coconut cream
3/4 cup red curry paste (check that it’s vegan)
3 tablespoons vegan fish sauce
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
Fresh cilantro, to serve
Lime juice, to serve
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1. Preheat your oven to 400F. Slice the pumpkin into even wedges a few inches in thickness. Use a teaspoon to scrape out the seeds and reserve them for another recipe. Lightly oil the exposed pumpkin flesh and arrange on a baking tray with one of the flat sides down. Halve, peel, and lightly oil the onions. Use your hands to break them up slightly and arrange them on top of the pumpkin.
2. After 45 minutes, remove the onions and check the pumpkin. If a fork can slide easily through the flesh, it’s ready to go. If not, return the pumpkin to the oven for an additional 15 minutes or until soft. When cooked and reasonably cool, use a spoon to scrape the skin off the cooked pumpkin and discard.
3. Bring a large pot with a splash of coconut oil to medium heat before adding in the baked onions, cooking for 5 minutes. Add in the red curry paste, ginger, turmeric, and coriander powder. Once fragrant, add the fish sauce and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring.
4. Turn the heat up and add 3 cups of water and the cooked pumpkin flesh. When boiling, reduce to a simmer and continue for at least 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and add 13 1/2 oz coconut cream before using an immersion blender to puree until smooth.
5. Serve with an extra swirl of coconut cream, a squeeze of lime, and fresh cilantro on top.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!