Not sure what to buy for Mother’s Day? We’ve got lots of vegan-tastic ideas to help you out!
- Handmade in Brighton, Maria Allen’s simple and modern earrings are understatedly stylish. These geometric triangle studs (£19.50) and quirky mountain range studs (£19.50) are made from sustainably sourced British wood and come in a presentation box.
- This classic rose gold plated watch from Olivia Burton (£70) has a muted grey synthetic leather strap, so it looks as sophisticated as its leather companions but without any animals being harmed. It also comes in soft pink and nude.
- Pin badges are perfect for making a quiet statement or jazzing up an outfit. Punky Pins has a huge collection of designs to choose from, including flowers, little animals, pro-feminism and cacti (£4-7). If you buy one of these, your mum may become addicted!
- Liz Earle MBE’s Fair and Fine Botany Collection includes this dainty handmade eucalyptus necklace (£180), made from Fairtrade sterling silver and 24ct Fairtrade gold. The collection also features ivy, wild rose and neroli inspired designs.
- Balance Me’s award-winning Wonder Eye Cream (£20) hydrates, strengthens, protects and brightens the skin around your eyes. With a subtle aroma, no nasties and only using natural ingredients, it suits sensitive eyes and skin.
- For a bumper treat, Bloomtown offer a Build Your Own Eco-Luxe Pamper Gift Set for Mum (£33). Choose three hand-crafted products from their cruelty-free ranges, including sugar scrubs, candles, masks and perfume. The package will arrive gift-wrapped with a personalised card, plus 10% of all profits go to environmental and animal charities.
- Transform her evening routine with Olverum Bath Oil (from £35), a therapeutic bath oil containing 10 pure essential oils. It naturally relieves stress, eases muscle aches and aids recovery from colds.
- Up your chocolate game with a selection of Doisy & Dam organic chocolate bars (from £1.75), all of which are vegan and fuelled with superfoods. There are eight tempting bars to choose from, including Maple, Toasted Rice & Himalayan Pink Salt, Goji & Orange and Coconut & Lucuma. Available in some supermarkets, healthfood shops and online.
- Take mum down Memory Lane to before she was vegan with Fudge Kitchen’s dreamy dairy-free slab fudge (£17 for four flavours – lemon drizzle, classic chocolate, Belgian chocolate swirl and peanut butter swirl).
- This great recipe book from LEON, Fast Vegan (£20), is full of delicious, flavour-packed recipes for people who like wholesome, fun food.
- A proper homemade curry is worth working for. This Spice Kitchen Masala Dabba spice tin (£24.95) includes cardamom, cloves, cinnamon sticks, Kashmiri chilli powder, cumin seeds, ground coriander, garam masala, mustard seeds, turmeric powder and curry leaves.
- Make it easier and tastier for your mum to top up her nutrient levels with a tin of Aduna’s Moringa ‘Miracle Tree’ Green Superleaf Powder (from £6.99). Moringa is a natural multi-vitamin high in fibre, protein, calcium, antioxidants and iron, which works wonders for immunity, fatigue and overall health. It tastes like spinach, so works well in soups, sauces, smoothies and more.
Teas and Fizz
- Most mums love a cup of tea, so treat yours to an extra special cuppa with an organic tea gift set from Wearth London (£25). Choose two loose leaf blends that contain hand foraged plants. It also contains a bamboo infuser and tongs.
- Or you might like to try a teapigs tea caddy (from £5.99). Each reusable tin is filled with 20 tea temples in one of 11 flavours, including chai, chamomile flowers, spiced winter red tea, rhubarb & ginger and apple & cinnamon.
- Something stronger? Waitrose has a great range of vegan wine online. Try Esprit de Buganay Rosé (£13.49), a full-bodied rosé from Provence with berry flavours and subtle notes of spice, or Clos des Fous Locura 1 Chardonnay (£17.50), a bright balanced white wine with buttery peach and floral notes.
Treat your mum to something special this Mother’s Day!
PAGE UPDATED JULY 2020