This decadent, rich and creamy dessert will knock your socks off! Deceivingly simple to make, requiring only six ingredients, and off-the-charts tasty!
You will also need:
– 8inch springform pan
– rolling pin and sandwich bag for crushing Oreo biscuits
1) Start by crushing 150g of Oreo biscuits. The easiest way to do this is by blitzing in a food processor but if you don’t have one feel free to pop them into a sandwich bag, cover with a cloth and smash them with a rolling pin.
2) Melt the 3tbsp of vegan margarine and add this to the crushed biscuits.
3) Press the biscuit mixture into your pan until the bottom is evenly coated and then pop this into the fridge.
4) Take the can of chilled coconut milk from the fridge, carefully open it and scoop out the hard coconut fat from the top. Be careful not to get any of the watery section as this will make it more difficult for the cheesecake to set. Add to this the tub of vegan cream cheese and powdered sugar. Blitz it all together until smooth (1-2mins).
5) Melt 150g of the chocolate, add this to the coconut/cream cheese mixture and combine.
6) After that you have a smooth, chocolate mixture, take your Oreo biscuit base out of the fridge. Dollop the coconut/cream cheese mixture on top and smooth it off.
7) Here is where a little patience is required; leave the cheesecake to chill for 2 hours although it works best if you leave it overnight (I know I couldn’t the first time so I totally wouldn’t blame you if you had 2 hours ready to count down on your stopwatch)!
8) Once chilled, take the remaining 50g of chocolate, chop it finely and use it to top the cheesecake to add texture and even more chocolatey goodness to your cheesecake.