These are really easy and look really impressive (in my humble opinion)
The key to this recipe is the preparation, which only takes about 10 minutes, so first things first get your veggies and condiments ready and arranged in front of you.
Making these is a bit like a production line, so arrange all of the above in a way that all the pieces are accessible, then open the rice paper and get a large, shallow dish and fill it with warm water.
1) Soak one sheet of rice paper in the warm water until it becomes pliable, but not totally floppy. This should be about 10 – 20 seconds, it’ll continue to soften up once you take it out of the water,
2) Lay the sheet of rice paper in front of you, and then add into the middle of the rice paper in a line, the cabbage, carrot, cucumber and spring onion, tofu, a pinch of peanuts and corriander and a squeeze of lime. The trick here is to not overfill them as you’re going to roll them up,
3) Fold in the left and right sides of the rice paper, then fold up the bottom of the rice paper to cover the ingredients (think of making an envelope), then roll the rice paper and ingredients to make a roll,
4) Place on a plate and repeat steps 1-3 until you have enough summer rolls.
5) Serve with additional lime and corriander and with a selection of dipping sauces.