Recipe provided by Vegan First
Try this healthy and delicious vegan dessert which is gluten free and processed sugar free
For the Crust:
¼ cup peanuts, roasted
¼ cup pumpkin seeds, roasted
¼ cup walnut, roasted
1 tbsp white sesame, roasted
4 soft dates, soaked for 5 hours
4 figs, soaked for 5 hours
5 medium silicon moulds
For the Filling:
½ cup almonds, roasted
3 tbsps cacao powder
1 medium apple cut with skin, chopped
7-10 soft dates, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
1-2 tbsps water (as required to make pouring consistency filling)
2 tbsps pomegranate or chopped almond
For the Crust
1. Remove the dates’ seeds and add to the blender and the other ingredients.
2. Blend until it is grind into fine particles. It will be stick together like dough.
3. Press the nut mixture firmly into bottom and sides of medium size silicon moulds.
4. Chill the unbaked crusts in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
5. Demould it and fill the filling.
For The Filling
1. In a small pot blender, place the roasted almond and blend it until it form like almond butter.
In between scrape out the sides and blend it.
2. Add chopped apple, dates and water. Blend it until it is smooth and add cacao powder.
3. If necessary, add water until it is pouring consistency.
4. Fill the chocolate filling in the crusts.
Garnish with pomegranate seeds or chopped almonds or get creative!