1 cup washed Arborio rice
2 Tsp Nutritional yeast
1 Onion, diced
2 cloves of Garlic, grated
1/2 litre Almond milk
2 vegan veg stock cube, or home made
1 litre water
2 Tsp Tomato paste
1 Tsp vegan butter
2 Tsp Flat Parsley, chopped
3 Tsp vegan Parmesan cheese
2 large Sweet Potatoes washed thoroughly and sliced.
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp Olive oil
Recipe provided by vegan first
Try this perfect date night meal for two!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Enjoy this vegan first recipe? Why not try their pumpkin and jaggery parantha too?
For the risotto-
1. Heat a pan heat oil and add some butter.
2. Now add the onions and fry for a minute, to this add grated garlic.
3. Fry for a bit making sure it doesn’t brown.
4. Then add your washed rice to it.
5. Add the stock and keep stirring. Gradually add some Almond milk and stir again.
6. Add the cube of veg stock. Mix well. Also, add nutritional yeast.
7. Keep adding stock and almond milk alternatively making sure you keep stirring. This might take a while.
8. When the risotto is cooked. Plate it and serve it with baked sweet potato (method below).
For the sweet potatoes-
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade before you begin.
2. Make sure the sweet potatoes are thoroughly washed and sliced into 1 cm thick slices.
3. Toss the slices with salt, pepper and oil and arrange them in a baking tray.
4. Now, bake it for 15 minutes on one side and for 5 minutes on the other side.