Recipe provided by vegan first
Pumpkin is an extremely nutrient-dense food. It is full of vitamins and minerals but low in calories. Try this healthy breakfast for a great start to your day.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Enjoy this vegan first recipe? Why not try their pasta with spinach & cashew cream too?
100 Grams Pumpkin Grated
100 Grams Whole Wheat Flour
50 Grams Jaggery
1 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
1 Tablespoon Oil
Salt To Taste
1.Heat two teaspoons of oil in a pan, add grated pumpkin and then fry for a minute.
2. Add the jaggery pieces, stir, cover and cook till the jaggery melts. Add cardamom powder just before switching off the flame.
3. Sprinkle wheat flour and some salt once the mixture cools.
4. Knead the flour along with the pumpkin mixture until you get a nice soft dough ( if necessary grease your hands with some oil while kneading the dough)
5. Make Medium size balls out of the dough and roll out the paratha with a rolling pin.
6. Place the paratha on the tava, adding a little oil and cook the paratha till you get brown spots on it.
7. Serve the pumpkin jaggery parathas with soymilk or any plant-based milk.