1 cup chopped spinach
10-12 cashews soaked for a few hours
2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (peanut milk works well)
1 level teaspoon corn flour
2 cups elbow pasta (macaroni)
1 teaspoon oil
3-4 cloves garlic
1 medium green chilli (finely chopped)
¼ tsp pepper powder (coarsely ground)
1 medium onion
Italian seasoning, to taste
Lemon Juice: Use half a lemon
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, for garnishing
salt to taste
Here’s a Pasta recipe enriched with the goodness of spinach and delicious creamy sauce, simply irresistible!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Enjoy this vegan first recipe? Why not try this curd rice with cashew curd?
1. Blend spinach, cashews, non-dairy milk and corn flour on high speed until smooth and frothy.
2. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack. Drain and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan/kadhai and add the onion, garlic and chilli. Cook on low heat for a few minutes till the onion turns translucent.
4. Add the spinach mixture and bring to boil on medium high heat. Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer for around 6-7 minutes. Add salt and pepper powder.
5. Mix in the cooked pasta and turn off the heat after 2-3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice just before serving. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.