1 ltr Soya Milk (plant based milk of your choice)
2 ripe & soft custard apple (de-seeded)
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp Arrow root powder or corn flour for thickness
Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios as per your choice
Few strands of Saffron & Nutmeg powder (optional)
Recipe provided by Vegan First
This festive season, try this creamy Basundi recipe made with in-season custard apples. Enjoy!
Enjoy this dairy free recipe? Why not try this Dairy-free watermelon ice cream too?
1. Take a heavy bottom vessel. Add soya milk and boil over medium heat.
2. Dilute Arrowroot powder in 2 to 3 tsps of water or plant-based milk and add to the milk stirring it continuously to avoid lumps. Keep stirring from the bottom to avoid burning
3. Add sugar and cardamom powder when the milk gets a thick consistency.
4. Boil for another 5 minutes. Add dry fruits and saffron – let it cool to room temperature
5. In a meanwhile take the deseeded custard apple pulp in a bowl and mash it slightly. If you like whole pulp do not mash it. Mix this pulp with the above cooled thick milk and stir it.
6. Keep the bowl in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
Always cool the milk and then add custard Apple pulp to retain the original flavour of the fruit.
You can also make Mango Basundi by following the same above procedure.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with 31 days of inspiring recipes, nutrition tips and more. All our resources are 100% free!