2 Table spoons of garlic
1 teaspoon vegan butter
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1 pack button mushrooms (washed and sliced)
2 tablespoons Nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon finely chopped Parsley
1 pack Vegan Puff Pastry (Baker’s Heaven)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Recipe provided by vegan first
Treat yourself to this comforting snack on a rainy day
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Enjoy this vegan first recipe? Why not try their meat-free dal gosht too?
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat oil along with the butter in a pan. Add the garlic and sauté it a bit. Now add the mushrooms and further sauté them till they dry up. Stir in a little all-purpose flour and mix well. At this point add the coconut milk and mix vigorously to ensure that no lumps are formed. Lastly add the seasoning, nutritional yeast and the chopped parsley. And keep aside.
3. Defrost the puff pastry for 15 minutes or until defrosted but not completely soft.
4.Cut out the desired amount of pastry and put it onto a lightly floured surface. Roll it evenly till you get the puff pastry to a 1/2 cm thickness. Now put the filling in the centre and seal with a little bit of water along the edges. Pinch the edges to ensure the filling doesn’t fall out. Trim the edges if you think they are uneven, but don’t discard them. They can be used to make the garlic and cheese straws. Make the rest of them in the same manner.
5. Put them on a baking tray with parchment paper and bake at 220 degrees Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Serve hot.
For the garlic and cheese straws
1. Use waste trimming from the pastry and gently roll them in a little mixture of chilli flakes, garlic powder and nutritional yeast.
2. Cut it into 1/2 ‘ pieces lengthwise and holding it down with one hand, twist the dough with the other to form a straw.
3. Bake these as well for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with 31 days of inspiring recipes, nutrition tips and more. All our resources are 100% free!