• 1/3 cup Sabudana (Tapioca pearls)
• 3 cups coconut milk
• 1 tbsp sliced almonds and pistachios
• 3 tbsp sugar
• 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
• Few flakes of saffron
Your festivities are incomplete without this classic dessert. It is common in many Indian households and is sure to remind you of childhood. Snuggle up with a warm cuSabudana Kheerp on a cold night.
1. Wash sabudana pearls at least 3 to 4 times and soak them in 1/3 cup water for three hours. Most water will be soaked up and sabudana pearls will fluff up.
2. Heat the coconut milk in a pan while continuously stirring it and let it come to a boil.
3. Add in the sabudana and simmer for about 4 minutes until it becomes soft and translucent.
4. Now add in the sugar, cardamom, almonds, pistachios, and saffron and simmer for 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside. This coconut milk kheer can be served hot or chilled.