4 Small Green Bananas
1 Teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 Medium Green Chilli, Finely Chopped
1 Tablespoon Chopped Coriander Leaves
1 Tablespoon Chopped Mint Leaves
½ Teaspoon Mustard Powder
¼ Teaspoon Garam Masala
¼ Teaspoon Jeera Powder
Powdered Kala Namak (Himalayan Black Salt), to taste
Oil, as required (to Grease the Skillet)
Recipe provided by vegan first
Whether you’re preparing a meal for your family, throwing a party for friends, or indulging in some “me” time, these delicious vegan fish cutlets are the way to go.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Enjoy this vegan first recipe? Why not try their vegan coconut cake?
1. Cook the whole green bananas (with skin) in a pressure cooker for up to three whistles on high heat.
2. Peel the bananas and mash the flesh. Add the ginger-garlic paste, chopped green chilli, coriander leaves, mint leaves, mustard powder, garam masala, jeera powder, and kala namak.
3. Mix well to form a smooth and pliable mixture.
4. Divide the mixture into six equal parts and shape into medium-sized cutlets.
5. Heat a skillet and lightly grease with some oil. Place the cutlets on the hot skillet and fry for 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat.
6. Flip the cutlets and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes. Repeat the process until both sides are golden brown. Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.