Lots of what you already eat is vegan!
Many well-known products are vegan by chance, and we’ve listed some of our favorite accidentally vegan products below…
The More Obvious…
- Pasta (dry): almost all dried pasta is made without egg and is therefore 100% vegan
- Most fresh bread is vegan and Ciabatta, by its very nature, is always vegan as it is made with olive oil
- Peanut Butter
- Mustard: whether it’s Dijon, wholegrain, English or American
- Hot sauces like Tabasco, Frank’s and Sriracha
- Rice noodles: when ordering a Chinese takeaway, just ask for rice rather than egg noodles
- Jelly: typically made with pectin (to thicken) rather than gelatin
- French fries: if cooked in veggie oil then they are vegan!
- Porridge/Oatmeal: when made with water or plant milk
- Oreos: Original, Chocolate, Chocolate Cones
- Clif: Crunch bars
- Doritos: Spicy Sweet Chili
- Lays: Lightly Salted, Salt and Vinegar, Barbeque, Limon
- Pringles: Original
- Kellogg’s Pop-tarts: Unfrosted
- Ritz Crackers: Original
- Kettle Chips: Salt and Vinegar, Kettle Original Salted, Chili, Root Vegetable Chips – Sweet Potato, Beetroot
- Ritter Sport Chocolate: Marzipan
- French Fries: Original, Salt and Vinegar
- Wrigley’s Chewing Gums: Airwaves, Juicy Fruit, Hubba Bubba Gum
- Tic Tacs
- Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- Goldenberg: Peanut Chews
- Sour Patch Kids
- Duncan Hines Premium Frosting: Creamy Home-Style Classic Chocolate
- Smucker’s Marshmallow Ice Cream Topping
- Nutter Butter: Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Teddy Grahams: Chocolate, Cinnamon
- Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
Beers and Ciders…
- Ace Ciders: Apple, Perry, Berry, Pineapple, Pumpkin
- Thatcher’s Cider: All
- Brother’s Fruit Ciders: All
- Alfaro: Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Syrah, Chardonnay
- Andrew Murray: Syrah Thompson, Syrah Watch Hill
- August Cellars: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay
For more information on alcohol please have a look at our Label Reading Guide.
- We have not included the obvious plant foods in the lists below (fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes, dried fruit, nuts, pickled vegetables, olives etc.), but they are most definitely vegan!
- Ingredients can alter from brand to brand, so do not assume just because an item is vegan in one store that it will also be in another.
- On Instagram? Follow @weareveganuary for regular Accidentally Vegan product posts!