Companies celebrate Veganuary with plant-based specials and promotions to support everyone trying vegan in the new year.
(United States – January 3, 2023) – Veganuary is here – and restaurants and brands nationwide are launching exciting new menu items and deals to celebrate the global campaign that encourages people to try vegan in January and beyond. Every January, food companies around the world vie with one another to bring out more, bigger, and better vegan items to capitalize on the huge popularity of Veganuary.
Millions have signed up to take the Veganuary pledge since the campaign’s inception in 2014. The steadily increasing interest in vegan foods nationwide and regionally is being met with more options from food brands with Veganuary’s support. Veganuary is working with more and more companies helping to meet this demand with more inventive preparations of meat and dairy alternatives, more plant-forward dishes, and more choice overall.
This year, Veganuary participants can look forward to tons of great special offers and discounts from participating brands, including:
- Mellow Mushroom:
- With 19 ingredients on the new “build your own vegan pizza” section, diners can create a custom vegan pizza to fit their preferred tastes and dietary needs. They can select ingredients that include tempeh and Follow Your Heart® dairy free cheese
- Vegan Veg Out and Vegan Cheese Pizzas
- Vegan Greek and Enlightened Spinach Salads
- Vegan Pretzels made with Mellow Appalachian spring water dough and served with a choice of Mellow Red Sauce or classic yellow mustard
- Vegan Tempeh Hoagie and Vegan Avocado Hoagie
- Cinnaholic: Three new flavors in time for Veganuary (at all locations Jan. 3 through March):
- S’Mores Cookie Biscoff®
- Cookie Butter Roll
- Candied Almond Roll
- Rush Bowl: Detox Bowl – a blend of banana, pineapple, apple, pitaya, lemon, ginger, cinnamon & oat milk topped with fresh apples & pomegranate seeds
- Blue Sushi Sake Grill: Veganuary Menu Items – Maki Rolls: Vegan Up In Smoke, Vegan Hot Popper, Vegan Philadelphia) and weekly specials
- Unreal Deli:
- Save 15% on your order through their website
- Get 5oz for free at select retailers (Ralphs, Whole Foods, Giant Food, Fresh Thyme, Wegmans & Publix)
- First ¼ Pound of unreal deli free at Hannaford
- $3 off your Unreal Deli Reuben at Veggie Grill or Mendocino Farms
- Field Roast: $1 off any field roast or Chao Creamery product (digital coupon)
- Sweet Earth: BOGO deal at Publix and select items on sale at HEB; Nestle created a Veganuary guide for their foodservice operators
- Lightlife: Digital Coupons
- Save $1 on any Lightlife product
- Save $2 on any tempeh product
- Tofutti: Participating in Veganuary by embracing the vegan label on their rebranded products, pairing up with other plant-based brands and influencers for special promotions across social platforms, and a few extra surprises during the month.
More exclusive special offers can be found here. Official sponsors of Veganuary 2023 are Aveda, Lightlife, MALK, Pacifica, Violife, and Wicked Kitchen.
Veganuary is a non-profit organization that encourages people worldwide to try vegan for January and beyond. It was founded in the UK in 2014 and since then nearly 2.5 million people have taken the 31-day plant-based pledge from almost every country in the world. With campaign hubs now in Germany, USA, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, India and the UK, Veganuary has truly become a global phenomenon. This New Year’s revolution has also been embraced by businesses, with hundreds of companies taking part in Veganuary last year, launching more than 1,540 new vegan products and menu items.
Veganuary is free to join, and people can sign-up at veganuary.com to receive our Celebrity eCookbook, the Official Veganuary Starter Kit, and 31 daily emails packed with nutritional info, delicious recipes, meal plans, and helpful advice.