Chains and independent restaurants in Los Angeles offer plant-based launches and specials to support locals trying Veganuary in the new year.
(Los Angeles, California – January 11, 2023) – Restaurants throughout Los Angeles are offering promotions and specials all month long to celebrate Veganuary, the global campaign that encourages people to try vegan in January and beyond. Every January, businesses around the world vie with one another to bring out more, bigger, and better vegan menus to capitalize on the huge popularity of Veganuary.
Millions have signed up to take the Veganuary pledge since the campaign’s inception in 2014. The steadily increasing interest in vegan foods nationwide and regionally is being met with more options from restaurants with Veganuary’s support. In fact, Techonomic’s 2020 Generational Consumer Trend Report found that 41% of millennials said they enjoy trying new plant-based foods and beverages at restaurants. Veganuary is working with more and more restaurants helping to meet this demand with more inventive preparations of meat and dairy alternatives, more plant-forward dishes, and more choice overall.
This year, Veganuary participants can look forward to tons of great special offers and discounts from participating restaurants in Los Angeles, including:
- Cinnaholic – Check out Cinnaholic’s Winter Menu Specials just in time for Veganuary: Try the new S’Mores Cookie, Biscoff® Cookie Butter Roll or Candied Almond Roll at all locations Jan. 3 through March.
- Veron – Verón’s Limited Edition Veganuary Churro macarons are back all month!
- Salt & Straw – The Dairy-Free Decadence Series for Veganuary: Bananas Foster (v), Chocolate Sorbet (v), Toasted Oat Milk & Cookies (v), Peanut Butter Brittle Caramel Fudge (v), Red Velvet Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting (v)
- Little Barn Coffee House –Vegan Breakfast Burger Made on a house baked croissant bun, just egg, impossible breakfast sausage, tomato basil red onion cheddar and our famous house sauce.
- Sugar Taco – Al Pastor taco topped with an insanely delicious roasted pineapple salsa
- All Day Vegan Café – All new menu featuring comfort food classics and new breakfast burritos and sandwiches.
- Native Foods (Westwood, Costa Mesa) – Italian Beef Sandwich with plant-based roast beef, mild giardiniera, a toasted baguette, and au jus for dipping/ drenching available all January
- Moonbowls – Veganuary Specials (New & Improved). NEW* KBBQ CAULIFLOWER SALAD with mixed greens, Korean bbq cauliflower wings, kimchi, roasted corn, green onions, sesame seeds, and our sweet chili dressing. IMPROVED* Avocado Bulgogi bowl this signature bowl is made with Impossible Beef bulgogi marinated in a house-made garlic ginger sauce, on a bed of purple sweet potato noodles, with avocado, kimchi, peppers and onions, citrus-marinated kale, green onions and sesame seeds. It’s a modern, vegan take on a Korean classic!
- Plant Food + Wine (Venice) – Veganuary pre-fixe 2023 – Four Courses. 55 + 25 wine pairing. Choose 4 dishes from selected menu items.
- Veg’d (Costa Mesa) – The CALI BURRITO (we’re calling this a “secret menu item” our staff came up with : JUST egg, french fries, crumbled housemade sausage, sauteed green peppers, onions, and anaheim chilis, guacamole and pepper jack cheese with salsa verde and a side of firecracker sauce). The New Limited time offer: Buffalo Cauliflower Caesar wrap: buffalo cauliflower, parmesan cheese, lettuce, croutons – w option to add avocado $1.5 more). We can offer a $5 OFF for mentioning “VEGANUARY” code used at drive-thru, dine-in, takeout or entered in checkout as a promo code on online ordering for the remainder of the month.
- Butcher’s Daughter (Melrose & Venice)– New Menu items for January which can be made Vegan on request! Melrose: Gnocchi with sausage, broccolini, vegan Veloute, spinach,, pickled Chili, parsley. Yellow Curry with roasted winter veggies, coconut yellow curry, flat bread, cilantro, lime . 4 hour stewed Mushroom and Lentil Bolognese. Venice: Gnocchi with sausage, spigarello, squash, pickled chili, arugula, (Vegan on request, removes parmesan). Yellow Curry with roasted winter veggies, coconut yellow curry, flat bread, cilantro, lime.
- Fresh Brothers – Bogo 50% off any vegan signature pizza all Veganuary
- Yvonne’s Vegan Kitchen – Celebrate Veganuary and enjoy 10% off all products through 1/31/23
- Veggie Grill – New items on a limited-time menu in collaboration with Bitchin’ Sauce: Bitchin’ Burger, VG Classic Burger with Original Bitchin’ Sauce, Bitchin’ Bowl, Harvest Bowl with Original Bitchin’ Sauce, Bitchin’ BLTA with Chipotle Bitchin’ Sauce, Bitchin’ Nachos with Chipotle Bitchin’ Sauce
On top of local restaurant specials this January, Veganuary is working with nationwide brands to promote exclusive special offers to participants in the month-long challenge. Official sponsors of Veganuary 2023 are Aveda, Lightlife, MALK, Pacifica, Violife, and Wicked Kitchen.
Veganuary is a non-profit organization that encourages people worldwide to try vegan for January and beyond. It was founded in the UK in 2014 and since then nearly 2.5 million people have taken the 31-day plant-based pledge from almost every country in the world. With campaign hubs now in Germany, USA, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, India and the UK, Veganuary has truly become a global phenomenon. This New Year’s revolution has also been embraced by businesses, with hundreds of companies taking part in Veganuary last year, launching more than 1,540 new vegan products and menu items.
Veganuary is free to join, and people can sign-up at veganuary.com to receive our Celebrity eCookbook, the Official Veganuary Starter Kit, and 31 daily emails packed with nutritional info, delicious recipes, meal plans, and helpful advice.
Veganuary US Media