Recipe provided by Vegan First
This vegan panna cotta is simple to make and easy to impress your guests with!
Enjoy this vegan first recipe? Why not try this oats and soy cupcakes too?
200ml thick coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp matcha + (another 1/4 tsp for dusting to make it look better on instagram)
0.5 gram Agar Agar
1 tbsp Almond meal + some matcha (optional, just for decorating it).
candied orange zest- garnish and optional.
2 small bowls greased with cooking coconut oil
1. In a thick bottom vessel, add the coconut milk and sugar.
2. Keep the gas on a very low flame. Crumble the China grass pieces into the pan and stir constantly.
3. Once this comes to a boil, switch off the stove.
4. Add the matcha and whisk vigorously.
5. Strain this mixture into the bowls. Let it cool down and set.
6. Chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving. Chilling is just to make sure it’s well set on the inside as well.
7. Totally optional. Sprinkle some almond meal and matcha mixture on a plate. Run a knife and invert the panna cotta on top of it. Dust with matcha and candied orange zest.