200ml thick coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp matcha + (another 1/4 tsp for dusting to make it look better on instagram)
0.5 gram Agar Agar
1 tbsp Almond meal + some matcha (optional, just for decorating it).
candied orange zest- garnish and optional.
2 small bowls greased with cooking coconut oil
1. In a thick bottom vessel, add the coconut milk and sugar.
2. Keep the gas on a very low flame. Crumble the China grass pieces into the pan and stir constantly.
3. Once this comes to a boil, switch off the stove.
4. Add the matcha and whisk vigorously.
5. Strain this mixture into the bowls. Let it cool down and set.
6. Chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving. Chilling is just to make sure it’s well set on the inside as well.
7. Totally optional. Sprinkle some almond meal and matcha mixture on a plate. Run a knife and invert the panna cotta on top of it. Dust with matcha and candied orange zest.