4 medium zucchinis with skin
4 big tomatoes
1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
10 fresh basil leaves
6-7 black olive, slices
½ tsp dried red pepper flakes
1 tsp pasta dry herb mix (oregano, thymes, etc)
1. Use a vegetable spiraliser and make zucchini noodles.
2. Boil 3 cups of water.
3. Slightly slit the tomatoes from the head in a cross shape. Then dip in the hot water and cover the lid for 5 minutes.
4. Switch off the stove and let the tomatoes steep for 15 minutes.
5. Heat a pan, add onion, bell pepper, garlic and sauté until cooked.
6. In a blender, add chopped boiled tomatoes, onion, garlic, bell pepper, basil, black olives. Blend until smooth.
7. Before serving, heat a pan add zucchini noodles cook until soft, then add the sauce, dry herb mix, red pepper flakes, salt. Mix well.
8. Don’t combine the sauce and noodles too much in advance as noodles will release water.
9. On a serving plate, put a portion of zoodles with the sauce.
10. Add a dollop of vegan cheese topped with a sliced black olive. Do a few more cheese and olive dollops so it resembles monster eyes!