Sweet Potato: 250 Gms, Peeled and Coarsely Chopped
Water: 5 Cups
Garlic Cloves: 3-4 Finely Chopped
Medium Tomatoes: 4 Blanched and Peeled
Coriander: 2 Tablespoons Chopped
Bay Leaf: 1
Cinnamon: 1 Small Stick
Green Chili: 1 Mediuim-Sized, Chopped
Oil: 1 Teaspoon
Ginger: 1 Small Piece Minced
Pepper Powder:1/4 Teaspoon
Cumin Powder: 1/4Teaspoon
Salt: To taste
Juice of Half Lemon
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
2. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and green chilli. Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes till onion turns translucent.
3. Add the sweet potato and 3 cups of water. Cook on high pressure for up to three whistles. The sweet potato should be tender.
4. Discard the cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
5. Blend the cooked sweet potato with the blanched tomatoes. Mix with the remaining 2 cups of water.
6. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper powder and cumin powder. Garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Mix in the lemon juice just before serving.