Sweet Potato: 250 Gms, Peeled and Coarsely Chopped
Water: 5 Cups
Garlic Cloves: 3-4 Finely Chopped
Medium Tomatoes: 4 Blanched and Peeled
Coriander: 2 Tablespoons Chopped
Bay Leaf: 1
Cinnamon: 1 Small Stick
Green Chili: 1 Mediuim-Sized, Chopped
Oil: 1 Teaspoon
Ginger: 1 Small Piece Minced
Pepper Powder:1/4 Teaspoon
Cumin Powder: 1/4Teaspoon
Salt: To taste
Juice of Half Lemon
Recipe provided by vegan first
Ditch the commercial stuff and make your own thick, creamy, flavourful soup that is full of nutrition and homemade goodness.
Enjoy this vegan first recipe? Why not try this Shahi Tudka recipe too?
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
2. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and green chilli. Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes till onion turns translucent.
3. Add the sweet potato and 3 cups of water. Cook on high pressure for up to three whistles. The sweet potato should be tender.
4. Discard the cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
5. Blend the cooked sweet potato with the blanched tomatoes. Mix with the remaining 2 cups of water.
6. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper powder and cumin powder. Garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Mix in the lemon juice just before serving.