2 potatoes cut into cubes
I large bowl leeks, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Sweet corn
3 large cloves of garlic (or to taste)
2 Bay leaves
2/3 sprigs of Thyme
1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1 Tablespoon Vegan butter
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Nutritional yeast
Salt and Pepper to taste
Recipe provided by vegan first
This soup is for those of you who don’t have much time. Quick, easy and absolutely satisfying!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Enjoy this vegan first recipe? Why not try their malai mushroom matar with cashew cream?
1. In a pan heat oil and add butter to it. Wait for it to melt.
2. Now add chopped garlic and the leeks. Stir fry till the leeks start to sweat and reduce in quantity.
3. Now add the potato, corn, bay leaves and thyme.
4. Stir it further and add half of the coconut milk and a cup of water and let it cook.
5. After about 10 to 15 minutes the potatoes will be cooked.
6. Remove the bay leaves and put the rest of the soup into a blender along with nutritional yeast and blend until smooth.
7. Transfer it back into the pan and bring to boil.
8. Add the remaining coconut milk, pepper and salt
9. Garnish with chives or celery. You could also use some coconut cream as garnish. Serve with some soup sticks or a baguette.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with 31 days of inspiring recipes, nutrition tips and more. All our resources are 100% free!