Many people new to plant based eating might think Nando’s is not suitable for them. Flexi, veggie or plant-based? We’ve got you. You don’t have to give up cheeky Nando’s when you go vegan. There are lots of vegan options at Nando’s!
There are plenty of flame grilled and extra hot vegan options just for you. From olives to pea protein wraps, there’s something for all on the Nando’s menu. It’s easy to see why the chain from South Africa is one of the world’s most popular. Read our guide to find out more!
Vegan Options at Nandos
Perfect to whet your taste buds. These vegan starters are a treat!
- Houmous with Peri-Peri Drizzle. With warm pitta triangles. Great to share.
- Spiced Mixed Olives. With mushrooms, garlic and red pepper.
- Sweet Potato Wedges with Garlic PERinaise. Crispy wedges served with our creamy plant-based Garlic PERinaise dip. Perfect for sharing! 10p from each one goes directly towards fighting malaria in our Southern African homeland.
- The Great Imitator Wrap. Our PERi-Plant strips are made from pea-protein but taste just like our famous PERi-PERi chicken. Served with plant-based Garlic PERinaise, lettuce and chilli jam.
- The Great Imitator Burger. Our PERi-Plant strips are made from pea-protein but taste just like our famous PERi-PERi chicken. Served in a Portuguese Roll with Lemon & Herb mayo, lettuce, tomato and PERi-Ketchup.
- The Great Imitator Pitta. Our PERi-Plant strips are made from pea-protein but taste just like our famous PERi-PERi chicken. Served in a toasted pitta with Lemon & Herb mayo and crunchy slaw in a tangy dressing.
- Spiced Chickpea Burger. A chickpea and spinach patty with hints of cumin and coriander, loaded with houmous, red pepper chutney and topped with pickled red onions. Served in a bolo do caco with lettuce and tomato.
- Rainbow Bowl. Warm spiced grains and long-stem broccoli with houmous, rainbow slaw, pickled golden carrot and a sprinkle of seeds.
- Quinoa & PERi-Tomato Salad. Crunchy lettuce, lightly salted pitta croutons, semi-dried PERi-tomatoes, crumbly feta and a generous handful of quinoa in a lemon and wild garlic dressing. It’s filling and then some.
A great choice to try. Lots of options to choose from. Get a cheeky side or two to go with your main!
- PERi-Salted Chips. Crispy and sprinkled with PERi-PERi salt.
- Chips. Crispy and delicious!
- Garlic Bread. It’s dairy-free!!
- Macho Sprouts. Shredded Brussels sprouts with mint, parsley and chilli. So wrong but so right.
- Spicy Rice. Lightly spiced rice. One of our signature sides!
- Rainbow Slaw. A fresh mix of crunchy veg in a tangy dressing. Topped with seeds.
- Mixed Leaf Salad. A mix of four leaves, sweet baby plum tomatoes and cucumber. Served with Balsamic dressing.
- Long Stem Broccoli. Served in a garlic and lemon dressing.
Extras can take your visit to Nando’s to the next level. There are so many great hot sauces for you to try. Why not add a few?
- Grilled Pineapple. A slice of sweet pineapple. Add it to a burger, pitta or wrap for some extra juicy, juicy.
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom. Extra large, extra juicy.
- PERi-PERi Drizzle. 20ml. A smoky, spicy PERi-PERi infused oil. Perfect for drizzling!
- PERi-Plant Strips. Our PERi-Plant strips are made from pea-protein but taste just like our famous PERi-PERi chicken.
- PERi-BBQ. Sweet and smoky with PERi-PERi spice.
- Chilli Jam. Sweet and sticky with just a hint of spice. Great for dunking!
- Garlic PERinaise. Our famous PERinaise, but plant-based and packed with a garlicky punch.
There is only one plant based dessert on the menu. The good news is it is so, so good! Try it now, thank us later!
- Mango Gelato.
This information is accurate on 22/11/2022
If this page has raised your interest in vegan food, why not check out some more of our resources?
- If you are new to plant based eating, please read our Eating Guides.
- Find out about more vegan food at high street chains with our handy guide!
- Want to eat plant based at home? We know it is hard to know where to start. So we put together a vegan shopping guide for you!
- If you would like to try vegan then sign up with us! Its all free, and we will send you all the information you will ever need straight to your inbox! Follow this link to try vegan with us!