Rosa’s Thai Cafe has built a reputation for bold flavours and dishes inspired by founder Saiphin’s childhood in Thailand, and she can still be found cooking in the kitchens of the restaurants. She maintains personal relationships with the farmers in Thailand who supply Rosa’s, continually returning to search for new ingredients to incorporate into the menu.
In January 2018, in response to a growing demand for vegetarian dishes, Rosa’s converted their Soho site into an entirely vegetarian restaurant for a three month pop-up, before rolling out the most popular dishes across all of the restaurants. Most of the group’s classic dishes can also be made vegan upon request.
Finding strictly vegetarian food in a Thai cuisine can be challenging, where fish sauce is king of the kitchen. You won’t have that problem at Rosa’s. While we do cook from authentic recipes, we also look out for our veggie friends by replacing certain ingredients without losing the flavours of the original dishes. Look out for the ‘V’ symbol on our menu for dishes that can be made vegetarian and vegan. Just ask.
Food Allergies: Our dishes are prepared in areas where several allergens are present. All our dishes may contain traces of nuts, gluten or other allergens. If you have an allergy, please speak to the manager, or call the restaurant when placing your order online and make sure you inform us of your allergy and/or dietary requirement(s). Not all ingredients are listed.
STARTERS + SALADS
- SWEETCORN CAKES (vegan) – Sweetcorn & kaffir lime leaves in red curry paste batter. Served with Rosa’s sweet chilli sauce
- ROSA’S HOMEMADE SPRING ROLLS (vegan) – Hand-rolled with crunchy vegetables & soft rice noodles, crisp-fried & served with our own sweet chilli sauce
- FRESH SUMMER ROLLS (vegan – contains nuts) – *updated recipe* Rice paper stuffed with mixed veg, tangy-sweet tamarind sauce & fragrant herbs, served with homemade sweet chilli & crushed peanuts dipping sauce
- GREEN PAPAYA SALAD (vegan – contains nuts) – Sweet, sour, salty, spicy & dangerously addictive. A vibrant salad of finely sliced green papaya with carrots, green beans, tomatoes & cashew nuts
CURRIES + WOK STARS
- BUTTERNUT RED CURRY (vegan) – Our signature curry is laced with sweet basil & butternut squash
- ROSA’S GREEN CURRY (vegan) – Thailand’s best-loved curry is a bestseller here too. Made with mixed vegetables, tofu, aubergine, bamboo shoots & Thai basil
- CHILLI & BASIL STIR FRY (vegetarian – can be made vegan on request) – A spicy & fragrant Thai favourite with mixed veggies, tofu, holy basil, onions & long beans in a vegetarian stir-fry sauce
- RED CURRY PASTE STIR-FRY (vegetarian – can be made vegan on request) – A smooth & creamy homemade red curry paste, stir-fried with mixed veggies & tofu. We can substitute with coconut milk. Just let us know!
- ROSA’S FRIED RICE WITH VEG & TOFU (vegetarian – can be made vegan on request) – Proper Thai-style (AKA the best!) fried rice made with fragrant jasmine rice, homemade stir-fry sauce, eggs (ask them to remove the eggs), onion, spring greens.
- DRUNKEN NOODLES (vegetarian – can be made vegan on request) – Fiery & fragrant with Thai basil, this spicy noodle dish is traditionally eaten at the end of a big night out. There’s no booze in the dish itself but it’s possibly the best hangover cure in the world.
- PAD THAI (vegetarian – can be made vegan on request. Contains nuts) – Thailand’s national dish is a sweet & sour stir-fry based on rice noodles with tamarind, palm sugar, eggs & crushed peanuts. If you’d like to go Thai & add roasted chilli flakes, just ask for the condiment tray.
- STIR FRIED FLAT NOODLES (vegetarian – can be made vegan on request) – Thai comfort food at its best: wide rice noodles stir-fried with eggs, spring greens, sweet soy sauce.
- BUTTERNUT & CASHEW STIR-FRY (vegetarian – can be made vegan on request) – Our veggie version of the classic Thai chicken dish. Delicious as a main course with a side order of rice or as a vegetable dish for the table to share
- MIXED VEGETABLES (Can be made vegan on request) – Stir-fried mixed veggies, spring greens & tofu in vegetarian ‘oyster’ sauce
- STIR FRIED AUBERGINE (vegetarian – can be made vegan on request) – A Rosa’s favourite. Fresh aubergines stir-fried with yellow bean sauce, chilli, soy sauce & Thai basil
- STEAMED JASMINE RICE (vegan)
- STEAMED COCONUT RICE (vegan)
- ROSA’S SPECIAL STICKY RICE (vegan) – Chef Saiphin’s bespoke blend of white & wholegrain rice gets its trademark red colour & nutty flavour from the nutritious – & delicious! – whole grains
- BROWN RICE (vegan)
- PLAIN NOODLES (vegetarian – can be made vegan on request) – Rice noodles with egg, sweet soya sauce, and beansprouts. Can be made without eggs
Most dishes can be made vegan – just ask!
This information was accurate on 9/12/19.