Thaikhun, pronounced tycoon, means “your” Thai restaurant. Bursting at the seams with hand-picked Thai bric-a-brac, authentic Thai street food and Thai inspired cocktails, every Thaikhun takes you on a journey across the world to Khao San Road. Every recipe on our menu is found at real Thai street vendors. Every trinket comes from our top-secret Bangkok bazaar. We are proud to be Thai, and to introduce our favourite flavours for the people of Britain to try.
- TED SAKARN JAY PLATTER (1 chilli) – Named after the month-long vegetarian food festival held in Phuket. A combination of sweetcorn cakes, spring rolls, fried papaya and vegetable dumplings.
- DEEP FRIED VEGETABLE SPRING ROLLS – Hand-rolled crispy spring rolls filled with carrot, cabbage, taro and vermicelli. Served with sweet chilli sauce.
- DEEP FRIED VEG & TOFU DUMPLINGS – An age-old Chinese import, dumplings are a real street food favourite in Yaowarat, Thailand.
- SWEETCORN CAKES (1 chilli) – Traditional style sweetcorn cakes, deep-fried with red curry and kaffir lime leaf served with sweet chilli sauce.
- CRISPY PAPAYA – Deep fried papaya, carrot and coconut served with sweet peanut chilli dipping sauce.
- ORGANIC TOFU IN RED CURRY SAUCE (1 chilli) – Organic tofu stir-fried with green beans, lime leaf, fresh chillies and red curry sauce.
- TOFU WITH CASHEW NUTS (1 chilli) – Crispy tofu with cashew nuts, onions, mushrooms and peppers with a roasted red chilli sauce and topped with crispy chilli.
- SWEET & SOUR TOFU – Crispy tofu stir-fried with sweet and sour sauce served with peppers, pineapple, tomatoes and onions.
- THAI GREEN CURRY (2 chilli) – Choose from vegetable or tofu. Our original recipe curry with coconut milk, courgettes and beans garnished with sweet basil andchillies.
- THAI RED CURRY (1 chilli) – Our classic red curry made from dried red chillies blended with coconut milk, bamboo shoots, courgettes and basil.
Rice & Noodles
- TOFU PAD THAI – Kim’s own famous recipe of Thai rice noodles, stir-fried spring onions, sweet turnip, bean sprouts, tofu, peanuts and vegetables in a tamarind sauce.
- TOFU SPICY OLD STYLE FRIED RICE (2 chilli) – Fried rice cooked in Thai style chilli paste with tomatoes, beans, carrot, spring greens, chillies, onion, Thai chilli and kaffir lime leaves.
- MUSHROOM, BEAN & TOFU THAI BASIL AND CHILLI (2 chilli) – A true favourite in Thailand, you will see this everywhere! Spicy mince, stir-fried with garlic, chilli, basil, soy and oyster sauce. Served with steamed rice.
- TRADITIONAL PAPAYA SALAD – A salad of shredded papaya, carrots, cherry tomatoes and fine beans pounded with a pestle and mortar with lime, garlic, peanuts, chillies and palm sugar.Add; STICKY RICE
- ORGANIC TOFU SALAD – 100% organic tofu salad with palm sugar, fresh lemongrass, lime, carrot, onion, tomato, fresh chilli and cashew nuts.
- PICK YOUR CURRY – Served with tofu THAI RED or THAI GREEN
- NOW PICK YOUR STIR FRY – TOFU CASHEW NUT or TOFU SWEET & SOUR
- NOODLE TIME – TOFU PAD THAI
- STICKY RICE
- COCONUT RICE
- JASMINE RICE
- STEAMED RICE NOODLES
- STIR-FRIED VEGETABLES
- SKIN ON FRIES
This information was accurate on 16/12/19.