Wagamama has become a favourite place to eat out for vegans. In October 2021, they announced their menu would be 50% plant-based. From curries to stir fries, there is something for all Asian food lovers here. So, we recommend it highly!
Serving food inspired by Japan, this chain is becoming more and more popular. Since opening in 1992, the restaurant has become a staple of the British high street. Read on to find out all the treats you will find at the chain.
VEGAN OPTIONS AT WAGAMAMA
Starters & Sharing
- Edamame with salt
- Edamame with chilli garlic salt
- Yasai gyoza vegetable
- Bang bang cauliflower – crispy cauliflower, firecracker sauce, red and spring onion, fresh ginger, coriander
- Wok-fried greens – tenderstem broccoli, bok choi, garlic and soy sauce
- Sticky vegan ‘ribs’ – mushroom + soya protein ‘ribs’. sweet + spicy sticky sauce. sesame seeds. spring onion
- Spicy teriyaki vegan ‘chicken’ buns – two fluffy Asian buns filled with karikari vegan ‘chicken’. asian slaw. fried shallots. spicy teriyaki sauce
- Mixed mushroom buns – two fluffy Asian buns filled with panko aubergine. mixed mushrooms. vegan mayonnaise. coriander
- Vegan chilli ‘squid’ – lightly battered pulled king oyster mushrooms. shichimi. sticky dipping sauce with fresh chilli+ coriander
- Sticky miso corn – corn on the cob roundels. sticky miso sauce. red chilli. sesame seeds
- Tempeh ssampab – tempeh with coriander cress. baby gem lettuce wraps. pickled asian slaw. spicy kimchee sauce
- Vegatsu – tofu and soya protein in crispy panko breadcrumbs with aromatic katsu curry sauce, sticky white rice, side salad and pickled red onion
- Hot Vegatsu – spicy! tofu + soya protein in crispy panko breadcrumbs. aromatic katsu curry sauce. sticky white rice. side salad. pickled red onion
- Shu’s shiok jackfruit – turmeric and ginger marinated jackfruit, roasted and served on a bed of coconut and lemongrass dressed rice. Served with pickled slaw, radish, chilli, coriander and caramelised lime
- Tofu raisukaree – A mild and citrusy dish. Tofu, coconut, mangetout, peppers, red and spring onion, sesame seeds, chilli, coriander, fresh lime and white rice
- Tofu firecracker – A bold and fiery dish. Tofu, mangetout, red and green peppers, onion, hot red chillies, sesame seeds, shichimi, fresh lime and white rice
- Yasai katsu curry – aromatic katsu curry sauce, vegetables in crispy panko breadcrumbs, sticky white rice, side salad and japanese pickles
- Hot yasai katsu curry – this is spicy! Vegetables in crispy panko breadcrumbs and covered in spicy curry sauce. Served with sticky white rice and side salad.
- No duck donburi – shredded seitan and shiitake mushrooms in a cherry hoisin sauce. Edamame beans, kimchee, coconut and sriracha vegan ‘egg’. Served with cucumber, spring onion, chillies, coriander, sesame seeds and brown rice.
- Tempeh katsu salad – tempeh in crispy panko breadcrumbs. dressed mixed leaves. apple slices. cucumber.edamame beans. pickled asian slaw. pea shoots.japanese pickles. red chillies. a side of curried salad dressing
- Yasai gyoza | vegetable – five steamed yasai gyoza. udon noodles. vegetable broth. roasted bok choi. chilli sambal paste. spring onion. coriander. chilli oil. side of gyoza sauce.
- Teriyaki vegan ‘chicken’ ramen – seasoned soya protein in a spicy teriyaki sauce. udon noodles. sweetcorn. bok choi. chilli sambal paste. spring onion. chilli. coriander. chilli oil. vegetable broth
- Kare burosu ramen – shichimi-coated silken tofu. grilled mixed mushrooms. seasonal greens. carrot. chilli. coriander. udon noodles
- Yasai pad thai – rice noodles. tofu. beansprouts. leeks. chilli. red + spring onion. amai sauce. fried onions. mint. coriander. fresh lime
- Yasai yaki soba with udon noodles – udon noodles. peppers. beansprouts. white + spring onion. fried shallots. pickled ginger. sesame seeds
- Yasai yaki soba with rice noodles – rice noodles. mushrooms. peppers. beansprouts. white + spring onion. fried shallots. pickled ginger. sesame seeds
- sticky white rice
- steamed white rice
- miso soup + japanese style pickles
- japanese pickles
- vegan ‘egg’ – half a coconut + sriracha vegan ‘egg’. made in collaboration with gaz oakley
- chilli sambal paste
- raisukaree sauce
- katsu curry sauce
- firecracker sauce
- hot katsu sauce
- amai sauce
- chilli sauce
- soya sauce
- Banana katsu – banana in crispy panko breadcrumbs, miso caramel ice cream and toffee sauce
- Miso caramel ice cream with toffee sauce and fresh mint
- Coconut reika ice cream – with coconut flakes and passion fruit sauce
This information is accurate on 09/12/2022. And we will update this page when new plant-based food arrives at Wagamama.