Wagamama has become a favourite place to eat out for vegans. In October 2021, they announced their menu would be 50% plant-based. From curries to stir fries, there is something for all Asian food lovers here. So, we recommend it highly!
Serving food inspired by Japan, this chain is becoming more and more popular. Since opening in 1992, the restaurant has become a staple of the British high street. Read on to find out all the treats you will find at the chain.
VEGAN OPTIONS AT WAGAMAMA
- Edamame with salt
- Edamame with chilli garlic salt
- Bang bang cauliflower – crispy cauliflower, firecracker sauce, red and spring onion, fresh ginger, coriander
- Wok-fried greens – tenderstem broccoli, bok choi, garlic and soy sauce
- Sticky vegan ‘ribs’ – sweet and spicy mushroom and soya protein ‘ribs’ with sticky sauce, sesame seeds and spring onion
- Fried yasai gyoza – yasai steamed dumplings served grilled with a dipping sauce
- Spicy teriyaki vegan ‘chicken’ hirata bun
- Mixed mushroom and panko aubergine hirata steamed buns – two fluffy asian buns stuffed with mixed mushrooms, coriander and vegan mayonnaise
- Vegan chilli ‘squid’ – lightly battered pulled king oyster mushrooms, shichimi, sticky dipping sauce with fresh chilli and coriander
- Vegetable tempura – crispy fried tenderstem broccoli, red pepper, sweet potato, asparagus, wakame, and sweet and sour dipping sauce
- Vegatsu – tofu and soya protein in crispy panko breadcrumbs with aromatic katsu curry sauce, sticky white rice, side salad and pickled red onion
- Hot vegatsu – this is spicy! Vegan katsu curry, seitan coated in crispy panko breadcrumbs and covered in spicy curry sauce. Served with sticky white rice, side salad and pickled red onion
- Shu’s shiok jackfruit – turmeric and ginger marinated jackfruit, roasted and served on a bed of coconut and lemongrass dressed rice. Served with pickled slaw, radish, chilli, coriander and caramelised lime
- Tofu raisukaree – A mild and citrusy dish. Tofu, coconut, mangetout, peppers, red and spring onion, sesame seeds, chilli, coriander, fresh lime and white rice
- Tofu firecracker – A bold and fiery dish. Tofu, mangetout, red and green peppers, onion, hot red chillies, sesame seeds, shichimi, fresh lime and white rice
- Yasai katsu curry – aromatic katsu curry sauce, vegetables in crispy panko breadcrumbs, sticky white rice, side salad and japanese pickles
- Hot yasai katsu curry – this is spicy! Vegetables in crispy panko breadcrumbs and covered in spicy curry sauce. Served with sticky white rice and side salad.
- No duck donburi – shredded seitan and shiitake mushrooms in a cherry hoisin sauce. Edamame beans, kimchee, coconut and sriracha vegan ‘egg’. Served with cucumber, spring onion, chillies, coriander, sesame seeds and brown rice.
- Spicy vegan short ‘rib’ ramen – mushroom and soya protein ‘ribs’ in a sweet and spicy sticky sauce. Served with ramen noodles, roasted bok choi, spring onion, chilli, coriander, sesame seeds, chilli oil and vegetable broth.
- Teriyaki vegan ‘chicken’ ramen – vegan ‘chicken’ in a spicy teriyaki sauce. Served with ramen noodles, sweetcorn, bok choi, chilli sambal paste, spring onion, chilli, coriander, chilli oil and vegetable broth.
- Miso mixed vegetable hiyashi bowl – refreshing glass noodles, miso stir-fried mushrooms, broccoli and kale. Served with turmeric roasted cauliflower, tofu and edamame guac, pickled slaw, sliced radish, fresh coriander, chilli, sesame seeds and white dressing.
- Tofu harusame salad – glass noodles mixed with fried tofu. Served with peashoots, edamame, adzuki beans, red radish, pickled Asian slaw, tamari soy dressing, mint, sliced chillies and coconut Thai sprinkle.
- Kare burosu ramen – shichimi-coated silken tofu. Served with grilled mixed mushrooms, pea shoots, carrot, chilli, coriander, udon noodles and curried vegetable broth.
- Yasai pad thai – rice noodles, amai sauce, beansprouts, leeks, chilli, red and spring onion, fried shallots, mint, coriander and fresh lime.
- Yasai yaki soba with udon noodles – udon noodles, peppers, beansprouts, white and spring onion, fried shallots, pickled ginger and sesame seeds.
- Yasai yaki soba with rice noodles – rice noodles, mushrooms, peppers, beansprouts, white and spring onion, fried shallots, pickled ginger and sesame seeds.
- Miso soup and japanese style pickles – light soup flavoured with white miso paste wakame silken tofu and thinly sliced spring onions.
- Chilli sambal paste
- Coconut + sriracha vegan ‘egg’
- Banana katsu – banana in crispy panko breadcrumbs, miso caramel ice cream and toffee sauce
- Chocolate orange cake – flourless chocolate orange cake and miso caramel ice cream
- Miso caramel ice cream with toffee sauce and fresh mint
- Coconut reika ice cream – with coconut flakes and passion fruit sauce
This information is accurate on 07/10/21. And we will update this page when new plant-based food arrives at Wagamama.