Homemade vegan cheese that you can melt, grate and slice!
Makes around 450g
- Bring the soya milk to a boil over a medium heat.
- Once boiling, remove from the heat and whisk in the the agar powder (or agar flakes or carrageenan), vinegar and salt.
- Mix the tapioca starch in a cup with a few tablespoons of the hot soya milk and set aside.
- Bring the soya milk mixture to a boil again, then whisk in the rest of the ingredients, including the tapioca mixture.
- Cook for 10 or so minutes, make sure it comes to a boil at least once, then remove from heat and stir in the probiotic of using then pour into a container to set.
- Leave to harden in the fridge or freezer to make it easier to grate.