Thanks to Sus Davy of Rough Measures for this recipe.
This granola bar recipe has a lot of ingredients and so is full of different flavours that every bite is a sensation for the taste buds. Great for a lunch box or between meals, these bars are naturally sweet and crunchy with a fruity twist. They don't contain any rubbish like the majority of granola bars out there, are twice as healthy and loaded with protein. We're sure you'll be making these time and again to be that go to snack. They could even help give you an extra boost before a workout.
Makes 8 bars
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180 C
Line a baking tray with baking paper, and then grease it with coconut oil
- In a food processor, combine Bananas, Almond Butter, Coconut Oil, Date Syrup, half of the Blueberries, Cinnamon and Nutmeg. Mix until completely combined and you have a thick paste mixture.
- In a frying pan, gently toast the Nuts and Seeds for 3-5 minutes, until slightly brown. Leave to cool. Once cooled, roughly chop the Nuts.
- In a large bowl, mix the Oats, Hemp Powder, Chia Seeds, Coconut, Cacao Nibs, the rest of the Blueberries and toasted Nuts/Seeds.
- Stir the Banana paste mix into the Oat mix and combine.
- Pour mix into your lined tray. Push down with a spatula to ensure mixture is evenly packed.
- Bake for 30-40 mins, until lightly golden. (These bars are quite soft, if you wish for them to be slightly crunchier, then bake for 10-15 more mins, but keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!)
- Leave to cool for 10 mins, then tip onto wire rack and let cool completely.