Makes 10 – 12 cookies.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Using a mixing bowl, mash the banana well with a fork/your hands (make sure they are clean first though!)
- Add the oil and sugar and mix well with a fork
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and any vegan powdered spice/flavour you like
- Mix these ingredients well, until the mixture is quite moist
- Now it’s time to add the oats, any nuts, seeds and protein chunks you have chosen to put in and to mix really well with your hands to make sure it is all well distributed and stuck together
- Make small balls with the dough and place on an oiled baking tray
- Flatten the balls with the palm of your hand, making sure there is a reasonable gap between each disc shape
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on how browned you would like your cookies) in a preheated oven (200 Degrees Celsius)
- Leave to cool on the baking trays once finished in the oven and once they are slightly hardened, twist and lift to remove them from the tray and place on a cooling tray for a further 10 minutes
Tips – If your dough mixture is too greasy, add a few more teaspoons of flour. If your dough mixture is too dry and not sticking, add a little more oil until the mixture holds better.