226g ZENB Spaghetti (or similar alternative)
1 pack extra firm tofu, cut into 4 x 1cm thick slices (225g)
4 slices vegan cheese
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/3 tsp dried oregano
225g cherry tomatoes, halved/quartered
1/6 red onion, finely sliced
8g fresh basil
Salt and pepper to taste
You need to try this vegan Caprese tofu spaghetti. This is the ultimate summer dinner recipe that’s nutritionally well-balanced and packed with flavour, vegan protein, fibre and healthy fats.
Balsamic, olive oil and basil infused fresh tomatoes tossed through healthy ZENB spaghetti and topped with baked tofu and melted vegan cheese.
Serves: 2-3 people
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 180 fan / 200C. Add sliced tofu to a baking tray lined with greaseproof. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, turning once till crisp.
2. Add a slice of vegan cheese to each piece of tofu and bake for a further 3-5 minutes or until melted. Option to place under the grill if you prefer.
3. Meanwhile, add ZENB Spaghetti to a pan of boiling water (option to add a pinch of salt) and cook for 7 – 8 minutes until al-dente. Drain and toss with a little olive oil.
4. Add 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, balsamic, salt, pepper and dried oregano to a bowl. Stir to combine.
5. Add half the dressing to the tomatoes and onion and stir to combine.
6. Top tomato mix on pasta (or toss to combine for best flavour) and top with cheesy tofu, rest of the dressing fresh basil leaves & cracked black pepper to taste.
Optional changes and tips:
Use good quality sweet cherry tomatoes and great olive oil.
The brand of tofu you use will alter the cooking time so cook to your liking.
Option to pan fry the tofu for 5 – 8 minutes per side in a little olive oil or avocado oil if you prefer to cut down the cooking time. Baking dries the tofu out more and firms it up so pick the method that suits you best.
This delicious recipe is from our friends at ZENB and Modern Food Stories.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!