Mixing lime and coconut with earthy spices and fiery chillies may just be the best way to carry them into a summery savoury dish.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the marinade ingredients together until they form a smooth liquid.
- Add the cubes of tofu to the bowl and coat thoroughly in the marinade. Set aside.
- In a large pan, bring the water to the boil. Once boiling add the rinsed quinoa, stir once, and simmer for ten minutes. At the this point, add the desiccated coconut, stir well and simmer for a further five to six minutes. If at any point it begins sticking to the pan, add a little extra water.
- After adding the coconut to the quinoa, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully place the cubes of marinated tofu into the frying pan. Fry for around five minutes, turning frequently, until it has browned on all sides.
- Remove from the heat and use kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat, set aside for two minutes, then fluff up with fork.
- Serve as it is or with a sauce of your choice.