These chickpea burgers make a great barbecue treat. I love spicing mine up with chillies, but if you are catering for children or those with less spicy palates, you may simply want to omit these.
- In a food processor or blender, mix together the oats and chickpeas. Pour contents into a large bowl.
- In the same food processor or blender (no need to wash), add the remaining ingredients and whizz. Pour into the bowl containing the oats – chickpea mixture. Mix well.
- Using your hands, mould the mixture into 5-6 large patties.
- Chill for 20 minutes or overnight to firm up.
- Pan fry in a little coconut oil for 7-8 mins, or grill or barbecue for 10-12 mins, turning half-way through to cook both sides.
- Serve. I love serving mine with guacamole and lots of fresh salad.
Hello! I am So from SOBODYUK. I am a gym bunny, healthy food blogger & a geeky scientist! These days my lab is the kitchen! I love creating delicious, healthy, wholefood, clean-eating, nutrition-dense recipes to maximise performance & health. My recipes include paleo, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.