Who needs to order takeaway when you have this vegan Chinese egg and tomato stir fry recipe? If you ask us, this plant-based stir fry is even better than the original!
Recipe by Tofu Queen & Crackd.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
250g Crackd The No-Egg Egg
½ tbsp rice wine vinegar
½ tbsp sesame oil
150g baby tomatoes (chopped in half)
1 chopped spring onion
½ tsp kala namak
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp chives (more for topping)
2 tsp sugar
Oil for frying
1. In a bowl, mix your Crackd, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and kala namak till well combined.
2. Heat some oil in a pan on a medium temperature and when the oil is hot, add in your vegan ‘egg’ mixture, be sure to keep mixing this to create a scramble.
3. Once your scramble has formed, place to the side and heat another pan with some oil.
4. In this pan add your tomatoes and spring onion on a low-medium heat and fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add in your tomato paste, sugar, salt and soy sauce and combine with your veggies, you may need a small splash of water if your temperature is higher, if this is the case then turn it down a little.
6. Once that is combined, add in your Crackd, water and chives.
7. Let this simmer until you have a thicker sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with rice and top with more chives or spring onions.
This vegan Chinese egg and tomato stir fry is perfect with plant-based prawn crackers!
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!