1 x Cauldron Quick & Tasty Tofu Block cut into small cubes or 1 pack Hoisin or Marinated Pieces
1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
1 tsp olive oil
250g whole grain cooked basmati rice (you can use the microwave packs)
4 spring onions
100g tinned sweetcorn
1 small carrot
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp fresh ginger
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tsp soy sauce
1 red chilli
Your new favourite fakeaway dish is here! This Chinese style air-fried rice by Stu Henshall and Cauldron is loaded with flavour and super easy to make. You can easily customise this recipe using leftovers, making it a great budget-friendly option.
1. Place the cooked rice in a bowl, separating the grains, then peel and finely chop the carrot and add to the bowl along with the drained sweetcorn. Finely slice the spring onions – reserving the green tops for garnish, and add to the bowl then grate in the peeled garlic and ginger.
2. Add the sesame oil and soy sauce then give everything a good mix.
3. Coat the tofu in the Chinese five spice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste, then add to rice and into the air fryer. Cook for 8 minutes at 200 degrees until piping hot throughout.
4. Finely chop the red chilli and mix with the reserved spring onions for garnish.
5. Serve with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce.
Why not try this sweet and sour air-fried tofu recipe too?
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!