Do you have days when you want a healthy, tasty, satisfying meal but are short on time? Well, try this kale bean stew recipe!
This recipe is easy, quick, uses only one cooking pot (so less washing up!) and it is economical too; using store-cupboard basics and veggies lurking in the vegetable drawer.
- Melt coconut oil in a large non-stick pot.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped red onion, brown for about 2 mins before adding the chopped celery, carrot and sweet potato. Cook for a further 2 mins before adding in the diced red pepper.
- Add the herbs and spices, and mix for about 30 secs before adding in the stock, tomato purée black-eyed beans and black beans. Simmer for 20 mins.
- Add the chopped black kale and cook for a further 4 mins. Add lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in milled chia seeds or 1 tbsp protein powder (pea or soya bean derived work well) to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with a garnish of chopped parsley
- Optional: serve with a sprinkle of ground flaxseed to boost the nutrient content.
Hello! I am So from SOBODYUK. I am a gym bunny, healthy food blogger & a geeky scientist! These days my lab is the kitchen! I love creating delicious, healthy, wholefood, clean-eating, nutrition-dense recipes to maximise performance & health. My recipes include paleo, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.