I am a sucker for a good risotto and this one definitely hits the spot.
- Heat a little oil in a large skillet. bring a large pan of water to boil, add the vegetable stock and reduce to barely a simmer.
- Finely chop the onion and add to the skillet, along with a little salt and pepper. sweat until soft. dice the courgette and add to pan and cook until just beginning to soften. mince the garlic cloves and add to pan, season and sweat for several minutes until the garlic begins to exude an aroma.
- Stir in the risotto rice and let it absorb the flavours for a minute or two before ladelling in the stock, just covering the rice. simmer gently until the stock is completely absorbed before ladelling in more, stirring frequently. you may not need to use the full litre so remember to taste your rice once it begins to look plump – it should be al dente in texture.
- Roughly chop the sundried tomatoes and add to the pan along with the chilli flakes. pour in the soya cream and stir through. check for seasoning and allow the cream to heat through before serving.
- For the asparpagus spear simply coat them in extra virgin olive oil and seasoning. griddle for around 10mins on a heated griddle pan. serve on top of the risotto before finishing with a final drizzle of evoo and a smidge more sea salt.