- Season the seitan slices with salt, pepper, garlic and soy sauce. Grill them and also the cut sausages and the mushrooms.
- Display 4 bread slices in a tray.
- On each bread slice display the seitan, the sausages, the ham, the mushrooms, the tomato slices and another slice of bread on the top.
- Display the cheese slices in order to cover the bread on the top, and after melting a little they should cover all the sides.
- Take the tray to the oven at 200º C just to warm up and melt the cheese.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by adding all the ingredients in a food processer to mix everything. Take it to boil, taste it and rectify the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve each “francesinha” with the hot sauce on it. Some French fries combine very well with it.
Maria Aragão, author of the vegan recipes book “Omeletas sem Ovos”.