Energy balls are a fantastic way to get a quick hit of energy, whether it be to get through a meeting at work, keep you going in between classes or to see you through that challenging 1am – 2am phase of a Netflix marathon when you’re just so close to the end of the series, but your energy levels are dropping. The pistachio and seeds add texture and depth to the recipe and the very subtle zest from the lemon brings it all together.
I added Pulsin’ Organic Sunflower Protein Powder to these energy balls to give them a good ol’ protein boost. The wonderful thing about this protein powder is that it is vegan, soya free, non-GMO, gluten free AND has 45% protein – meaning a little goes a long way.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and evenly spread out the oats. Place in the oven on the middle tray for about 5-7 minutes or until the oats become golden brown in colour.
- While the oats are happily toasting away, start to chop the dates until they become a paste like consistency.
- Roughly chop the pistachios.
- Next, mix together the chopped dates with the agave syrup, seeds, pistachios and protein powder.
- Lastly, stir in the toasted oats and the fresh lemon juice.
- Roll the mixture together into balls and store in the fridge in an air tight container.