Who doesn’t love a creamy, savoury carbonara? Here is a healthy spin on a classic favourite which is quick to make, easy and tastes delicious.
- Soak the raw cashews for 4 hours or overnight (the cashews will plump up!), drain away the water and place the soaked cashews in a blender or food processor.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients and blend for a few seconds to form a creamy sauce.
- Spiralise your courgettes. If you do not have a spiraliser, vegetable peeler peelings can be used.
- In a big non-stick pan, melt the coconut oil. Add crushed garlic and vegan bacon. Sauté for about 3 mins before adding in the spiralised courgettes, mushrooms and edamame beans. Continue cooking for about 6-8 mins to cook through and to evaporate as much moisture as possible (this prevents the final sauce from becoming too watery).
- Add the carbonara sauce to the vegetables and cook though for 4-5 mins. Serve, garnishing with fresh herbs and ground flaxseed to boost the nutritive profile.
Hello! I am So from SOBODYUK. I am a gym bunny, healthy food blogger & a geeky scientist! These days my lab is the kitchen! I love creating delicious, healthy, wholefood, clean-eating, nutrition-dense recipes to maximise performance & health. My recipes include paleo, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.