Whats more comfort food-esc than a great Mac & Cheese, not much!
We’ve taken this creamy bowl of emotionally satisfying fond memories to a whole new level of guilt-free, oil free, dairy free (can totally be Gluten free too) while still maintaining its integrity and making sure above all it remained wicked delish!
To make the Mac and Cheez
- Dice and steam sauté the Onion with a splash or two of water or wine, no oil is needed, no need to bother with the extra empty calories.
- Add warm onions and rest of ingredients to high powered blender.
- Blend all ingredients for couple minutes making sure mixture is wicked smooth.
- Add about half of the sauce to the drained hot pasta and mix well.
To make the Taco Platter:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Warm tortillas and fill each compartment in the cast iron pan.
- Spoon the mac and cheese into each tortilla mould.
- Sprinkle the tops with powdered hot sauce and sriracha.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove and top with more sriracha as desired, topping with the cabbage shreds and basil.
Recipe courtesy of Wicked Healthy, for Veganuary
Imagery © Derek Sarno
Find more great-tasting recipes on the Wicked Healthy website here.