4 Meatless Farm Chicken Breasts (or similar)
180g vegan butter
2 onions, finely chopped
2 tsp finely minced garlic
2 tsp finely minced ginger
5 cardamom pods, crushed
1 cinnamon stick
2g black pepper
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp turmeric
200g tomato puree
1 tsp sea salt
750ml soya cream
This vegan butter chicken is a delicious twist on the classic dish. Plant-based chicken in a rich, creamy and aromatic sauce – this recipe really ticks every box.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
2. Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed pan, add the cloves, cardamom, black pepper and cinnamon, fry for 1 minute over a medium heat, then add the onions and salt. Cook for 2 – 3 mins, then add the garlic & ginger and cook for a further minute.
3. Add the tomato puree to the pan, with the cumin, coriander and turmeric, mix well and cook for 2 mins whilst stirring. Pour in the soy cream, mix well and simmer over a gentle heat for 30 mins.
4. Meanwhile place the Meatless Farm Chicken breast on a lightly oiled baking tray, roast in the oven for 12 -15 mins. Remove the chicken from the oven, leave to cool slightly before cutting into chunks. Tip the chicken into the curry sauce. Cook for 10 mins and then you’re ready to serve.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with warm rotis and fluffy rice.
Did you enjoy this vegan butter chicken? Explore more Indian vegan recipes.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!