Eggplants, aka Aubergine in the UK, halved and doused in a miso-turmeric glaze, then topped with wicked spicy chickpeas and karate-chopped ninja nuts … this one’s on fire and we love to feel the burn!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Score eggplants across the surface in both directions.
- Blend glaze ingredients together until smooth. Apply glaze to eggplants, making sure it gets in between the cracks of the score lines and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Top with the chickpeas that were tossed with the chilli and paprika. Add a pinch of salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes, basting with the glaze halfway through cooking time and again once they come out of the oven.
- Top with the chopped nuts, green onions and chilli peppers. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Wicked Healthy, for Veganuary
Imagery © Derek Sarno
Find more great-tasting recipes on the Wicked Healthy website here.