The beautiful thing about tofu is that you can flavour it with almost any marinade you wish. This is one of my favourites.
In an ideal world, you would marinate the tofu overnight. In a busy world, you might have about 15 minutes to let the ingredients sit. The longer you can leave it, the better.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Preheat oven to 300F/150C.
- Pour half the marinade into a casserole dish.
- Slice each block of tofu in half sideways, then in half from the top, and lay in a casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the top, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve with seasonal steamed vegetables.