Rock your favourite kebab dish with the new Oumph! Kebab Döner Style. It’s made from peas,100% plant-based and free from gluten.
Oumph! Kebab Döner Style is available in Tesco, Sainsbury’s, ASDA, Iceland and The Food Warehouse.
1 pack Oumph! Kebab Döner Style (280 g)
3 tbsp water
4 large pita breads
For the Spicy Tomato Sauce:
2 normal sized tomatoes, roughly chopped
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1-2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 garlic, minced
Salt and white wine vinegar, to taste
Your favourite kebab veggies, for example: sliced onions, iceberg lettuce, sliced cucumber, shredded red cabbage, sliced chillies and/or pickled chillies.
For the Garlic Yogurt Drizzle:
200 ml plant-based yogurt
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 clove of garlic, minced
Freshly squeezed lemon juice and salt, to taste
1. Start with the sauces. For the Spicy Tomato Sauce: Place all the ingreients, except salt and vinegar, in a bowl. Mix with a hand mixer for 11-20 seconds. Add a pinch of salt and around 1-2 tsp of vinegar, to taste.
2. To make the Garlic Yogurt Drizzle: Mix the yogurt, oil and cumin in a bowl and add a little salt and a squeeze of lemon, to taste.
3. Fry the Oumph! Kebab Döner Style (defrosed or straight from the freezer) in a hot frying pan – but with no fat added. Stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the water and fry until the water has evaporated.
4. Toast the pita breads in a toaster or warm them in the oven. Fill the pita breads with Oumph! Kebab Döner Style and veggies and top with the Spicy Tomato Sauce and Garlic Yogurt Drizzle.
5. Serve with out without fries – the choice is yours! Enjoy!