1 pack Oumph! Kebab Döner Style (or similar)
3 tbsp water
4 large pita breads
For the Spicy Tomato Sauce:
2 normal-sized tomatoes, roughly chopped
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1-2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 garlic, minced
Salt and white wine vinegar, to taste
Your favourite kebab veggies, for example: sliced onions, iceberg lettuce, sliced cucumber, shredded red cabbage, sliced chillies and/or pickled chillies.
For the Garlic Yoghurt Drizzle:
200ml plant-based yoghurt
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 clove of garlic, minced
Freshly squeezed lemon juice and salt, to taste
You need to try these vegan doner kebabs! This plant-based kebab recipe is the ultimate fakeaway or BBQ treat.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1. Start with the sauces. For the spicy tomato sauce, place all the ingredients except salt and vinegar in a bowl. Mix with a hand mixer for 11-20 seconds. Add a pinch of salt and around 1-2 tsp of vinegar, to taste.
2. Make the garlic drizzle. Mix the yoghurt, oil and cumin in a bowl and add a little salt and a squeeze of lemon, to taste.
3. Fry the kebab in a hot frying pan – but with no fat added. Stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the water and fry until the water has evaporated.
4. Toast the pita breads in a toaster or warm them in the oven. Fill the pita breads with the vegan kebab pieces and veggies and top with the sauces.
5. Serve with or without fries – the choice is yours! Enjoy!
Did you enjoy these vegan doner kebabs? Try these plant-based skewers too.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!