You need to try these vegan doner kebabs! This plant-based kebab recipe is the ultimate fakeaway or BBQ treat.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 pack Oumph! Kebab Döner Style (or similar)
3 tbsp water
4 large pita breads
For the Spicy Tomato Sauce:
2 normal-sized tomatoes, roughly chopped
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1-2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 garlic, minced
Salt and white wine vinegar, to taste
Your favourite kebab veggies, for example: sliced onions, iceberg lettuce, sliced cucumber, shredded red cabbage, sliced chillies and/or pickled chillies.
For the Garlic Yoghurt Drizzle:
200ml plant-based yoghurt
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 clove of garlic, minced
Freshly squeezed lemon juice and salt, to taste
1. Start with the sauces. For the spicy tomato sauce, place all the ingredients except salt and vinegar in a bowl. Mix with a hand mixer for 11-20 seconds. Add a pinch of salt and around 1-2 tsp of vinegar, to taste.
2. Make the garlic drizzle. Mix the yoghurt, oil and cumin in a bowl and add a little salt and a squeeze of lemon, to taste.
3. Fry the kebab in a hot frying pan – but with no fat added. Stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the water and fry until the water has evaporated.
4. Toast the pita breads in a toaster or warm them in the oven. Fill the pita breads with the vegan kebab pieces and veggies and top with the sauces.
5. Serve with or without fries – the choice is yours! Enjoy!
Did you enjoy these vegan doner kebabs? Try these plant-based skewers too.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!