- Turn on the oven at 250º C.
- In a pan, add the dry ingredients (except the salt) and the soy cream and mix well everything. Add the other liquid ingredients and mix again.
- Take it to cook at a medium temperature until it boils and gets thick. Do not forget to always stir it when cooking. Add the salt, mix it and put aside.
- Roll a little bit the pastry from one side and cut it. Then, cut it into little rolls. Fold each of them and press into the walls of the small moulds. It must be as thin as you can, but without making holes on it.
- Fill half of the moulds with the cream, display them on a tray and take them to the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cream is dark.
- Serve the “pastéis de nata” warm with a little cinnamon on the top.
Maria Aragão, author of the vegan recipes book “Omeletas sem Ovos”.