Now *this* is a vegan sandwich!
- Serves 2
- Put the grill on.
- Place portobello mushrooms in a dish and brush with olive oil. Place under the grill and cook for 8 mins on each side.
- In a saucepan scramble the drained tofu with a fork. Add turmeric, thyme and nutritional yeast. Blend well and cook until warm. Season to taste.
- When the mushrooms are almost cooked, cut ciabatta loaves in half horizontally and toast.
- Spread pesto inside each toasted ciabatta halves.
- For each sandwich, sprinkle ciabatta bottom with alfalfa sprouts and red onions.
- Stack 2 mushrooms on top, followed by half the tofu scramble and 1 roasted pepper.
- Sprinkle with alfalfa sprouts and cover with ciabatta top.
- Serve with Kalamata olives (optional)