These vegan tacos are made with plant-based pulled ‘pork’, mango salsa and romaine lettuce leaves. They’re not only colourful and healthy but super tasty. Perfect for BBQ season!
Recipe by Romy London.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves 3 – 4
1 pack Pulled Oumph! (or similar)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
8 large romaine lettuce leaves
Vegan chilli mayo or guacamole to serve (optional)
For the mango salsa:
450g mangos, finely diced
½ finely diced red onion, rinsed
1 red pepper, finely diced
1 green chilli, finely diced
A handful of fresh coriander
3-4 tbsp fresh mint
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1. To prepare the grilled mango salsa, slice off both halves of the mango around the stone. Leaving the skin on, score each mango piece in a criss-cross pattern and place it skin down onto the hot BBQ.
2. In the meantime, fry the Pulled Oumph! in the vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan for 4-5 minutes or until done.
3. To assemble the mango salsa, peel and cut the grilled mango into small cubes and add it to a large mixing bowl alongside the finely diced and rinsed red onion, red pepper and green chilli.
4. Sprinkle in a handful of finely chopped fresh coriander and fresh mint, then combine the oil, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt and black pepper in a small jug and drizzle it over the salsa. Mix well to evenly coat the salsa in the dressing.
5. Assemble your tacos by filling 1-2 tablespoons of the mango salsa into a lettuce leaf, top with 1-2 tablespoons of pulled Oumph! and finish off with a drizzle of chilli mayo or guacamole to serve.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these vegan tacos too!
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!