This red pepper, goji and tomato soup is packed with vitamins C, A, K and E, antioxidants and lycopene; the red-orange pigment which may help protect against certain cancers.
- Melt coconut oil on a big non-stick pot. Add minced garlic and chopped red onion and brown for about 7 mins.
- Then add the diced carrot and red pepper (roasted or un-roasted) and fry for a further 7 mins.
- Add the tomatoes (canned or fresh), chillies, goji berries, stock and tamari / soya sauce and bring to a simmer for 10-12 mins.
- Add the protein powder if using. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- I like to blend the soup into a creamy consistency, but you can have this soup chunky if you prefer…
- Garnish with ground flaxseed, fresh basil and a handful of goji berries.
Hello! I am So from SOBODYUK. I am a gym bunny, healthy food blogger & a geeky scientist! These days my lab is the kitchen! I love creating delicious, healthy, wholefood, clean-eating, nutrition-dense recipes to maximise performance & health. My recipes include paleo, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.