If you like to put your own twist on a recipe, then risotto is for you. You can pretty much add anything to it, turning it into a dish to please fussy eaters. Get started with this classic Risotto Primavera that’s full of flavour and freshness.
Recipe serves: 4
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- Heat Flora and olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft but not browned.
- Add the rice and stir well. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook gently, whilst stirring, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in 300ml stock and repeat until the stock has been absorbed.
- Add half the remaining stock, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the risotto has a creamy consistency.
- Add the peas to the rice together with the asparagus and remaining stock. Bring back to a simmer and continue stirring as the liquid is absorbed and the rice becomes tender.
- Stir in the spinach, with a little more stock if necessary, and sprinkle in the cheese, stirring until melted through.
- Season to taste and serve straight away.