Want a simple salad high in plant-based protein which is satisfying and easy to prepare? Look no further! This nutrient-dense salad fits the bill. You have black kale wilted in a tahini nutty dressing, protein-rich quinoa, sweetness coming from roasted veg and dried cranberries and crunch from seeds.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a large baking sheet or tray with a little coconut spray oil.
- In the baking sheet or tray, coat the diced squash, red onion and squash chunks with rapeseed oil or melted coconut oil. Roast in the oven for 30 mins until all vegetables are soft (I test with a fork!). Allow to cool.
- Rinse the quinoa and boil for 16-20 mins. Fluff up with a fork and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the salad dressing ingredients.
- Using your hands, massage about a half of the salad dressing into the kale.
- Transfer the kale into a large serving bowl.
- Top with the cooled quinoa and the roasted vegetables.
- Sprinkle over with chopped parsley, dried cranberries, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and ground flaxseed if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the remaining salad dressing and serve with wedges of lemon for extra zing. Enjoy!
Hello! I am So from SOBODYUK. I am a gym bunny, healthy food blogger & a geeky scientist! These days my lab is the kitchen! I love creating delicious, healthy, wholefood, clean-eating, nutrition-dense recipes to maximise performance & health. My recipes include paleo, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.