These rosemary, olive and roasted tomato gram flour muffins are delicious! Full of flavour, with a lovely crumbly texture and the perfect accompaniment to tofu scramble for weekend brunch. They freeze well and retain their crumb. What’s not to love?
- This recipe is for 6 muffins
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Cut each tomato into eight segments, place them on a tray and roast for 25 minutes, or until soft. This step could be done in advance, when you have the oven on for something else – just keep them in the fridge.
- Melt the coconut oil in a ramekin. Once melted, use a little to grease each muffin pocket.
- Combine the milk and vinegar in a jug and leave to one side, to curdle.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, stir and add the baking powder. Mix in the tomatoes, olives and rosemary ensuring an even coating of flour.
- Make a well in the centre and mix in the milk and vinegar, then the syrup and remaining oil.
- Once all ingredients are combined use a spoon to distribute the mixture between six muffin pockets.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Leave them to cool in the tray before transferring to a rack, to prevent crumbling whilst hot.